Monday, February 13, 2006

Gregory Goes Wild!!

David Gregory is our plushy hero of the day. No lights, no cameras, but plenty of action at the White House
The atmosphere can get pretty testy in the White House press briefing room from time to time.

But there were no cameras rolling in the Monday morning "gaggle'' today, the morning after news belatedly broke about Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shooting a hunting companion on Saturday. The broadcast sessions of press encounters with White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan are saved for formal afternoon briefings, with the morning gaggles serving as more informal warm-ups. And David Gregory, the chief White House correspondent for NBC News, was warmed up.

~snip~

"Don't accuse me of trying to pose to the cameras,'' the newsman said, his voice rising somewhat. "Don’t be a jerk to me personally when I’m asking you a serious question.''

"You don't have to yell,'' McClellan said.

"I will yell,'' said Gregory, pointing a finger at McCellan at his dais. "If you want to use that podium to try to take shots at me personally, which I don’t appreciate, then I will raise my voice, because that’s wrong.’’

A little birdie tells me that lil' Scottie frequently relies on the "but you like me! I'm your good friend!" approach to dealing with the press corp. He's the first to holler "wahhhhhhhh!" like a big whiny-ass titty baby if someone questions his credibility, but he never hesitates to take personal potshots at reporters.

The fact of the matter is that he carries the administration's water each and every day, no matter how ridiculous, mendacious or malicious it is. I'm happy to see someone calling him on his bullshit.

No comments: