Thursday, June 22, 2006

In Iraq Permanently

Like Josh and Atrios, I'm a little baffled at why the republicans think endless war in Iraq is a good thing. Josh sez:
I'm a bit confused. I'm hearing a lot of reports about Republicans chanting about staying in Iraq forever, the danger of ever withdrawing our troops. There's Cheney. There's Frist. I can't say I've done a systematic scan of all media. I'm just saying what I've happened across during a day of work. And I'm not seeing any Dems. Not hearing any clear message.

What Republicans want is More of the Same.

That's the motto. More of the Same.

The president says he wants to stay in Iraq for at least three more years. Virtually every Republican agrees. Three more years. They approve the course the president has set.

They're for More of the Same. They don't have a plan. They just want to stay indefinitely.

They're just for More of the Same.

Then again, just what do we think those permanent bases are for?

I agree with Josh though- dems need to get on TV, radio, a soap box, fucking WHATEVER, and scream about this at the top of their lungs.

Republicans want endless war. Want us out of Iraq? then start by throwing the bums out.

No comments: