Monday, July 09, 2007

Guitar Town

Damn. I am just not in touch with my city at all. While wandering around with Flory this weekend, we saw these guitar sculptures up all over the place.

Near Guero's on South Congress.

On Congress near the State Theatre.

Also on Congress.

They're from the GuitarTown Austin Project, and they're all over the place. Have been for months. Guess I've been distracted. Yeah, that's it!! that's the ticket.

Eventually they'll be auctioned off for charity to benefit the Austin Museum of Art, The Health Alliance for Austin Musicians, American Youth Works, and the Austin Children's Museum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cool! I will have to check that out this weekend when I am in your fair city! :) Am staying in the Hyde Park area.
Elspeth

Anonymous said...

Beautiful guitars.