Saturday, May 27, 2006

Arabian Nights



Like Billmon, I have always dreamed of going to Egypt and wandering the Valley of the Kings, and seeing the temples of Luxor. Influenced by my childhood readings of Arabian Nights, and (let's be honest) Discovery Channel, Egypt has always meant mystery and adventure to me.

So I'm a tiny bit jealous of his side trip to Luxor this week, but I'm eternally grateful that he's documenting it with some long and colorful blog entries. A couple of posts ago he expressed a secret desire to become a travel writer. Let me just say that I'll read anything he cares to write about anyplace he cares to visit.

Go read his amusing account of his adventures in Cairo while attempting to catch the train to Luxor. It's well worth your time.

And Billmon, just in case you take a look to see who's linking to you.... I'll volunteer to tag along next time to take some bitching photographs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really has that old Billmon magic. I wish Billmon would write a book!