Sunday, December 30, 2007

Portraiture




Indulge me a moment for singing the praises of my lovely young niece, who is becoming an extraordinary artist. No, that's not her in the graphic of the woman- that's a portrait of her great grandmother. (Who, incidentally, was a famous theatre actress in the 30's and 40's)

She's come up with an interesting and original technique of collage, where she essentially paints with paper. Of course I'm prejudiced, but I find her work to be both beautiful and compelling. I love the texture and the colors. And I guess I'm not the only one- she's having her first professional gallery show in February.

(Original art is paper and gesso on canvas).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your niece is quite talented! And congratulate her on getting a show. How exciting!

Plum Pudding said...

i love collages. She's talented that young one :-)

Anonymous said...

Kennington! Gill!

/GWPDA

Anonymous said...

Wow - these are lovely! What a talented family.

zoe said...

wow! where is her show?

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful pieces. She's very talented.

Where's she having her show?

flory

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! She is very talented. You have every right to be proud.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are beautiful!!. Very creative. Very nice.

four legs good said...

flory, some gallery in Oklahoma City.

Anonymous said...

I believe the appropriate words for my pleased reaction is "Agog"!
How wonderful!!! And her own show!!! Right on! I love her work!
Blessings!
Elspeth

Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Wow! Such a unique style and so beautiful! Sounds like 2008 is going to be a wonderful year for this young artist.