Thursday, June 21, 2007

And yet MORE photoblogging

Just be glad I didn't take 1500 photos like Eli did.

These are chandaliers in the lobby of a building downtown near the world trade center site. The whole ceiling was covered with what must have been dozens of them.

And a closeup of one. They looked a little like fireworks explosions.

Eli got all nervous because he thought the security guard was going to chase me out. He knew better than to mess with a centaur.

No guts no glory. Sometimes no glory anyway.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 1500? He musta left a couple memory cards at home.....

flory

four legs good said...

He's kind of insane.

I only took about 500 over the 5 days.

Anonymous said...

Security guards are, like, my natural enemies.

I only got 1500 'cuz I had to make a side trip to upstate NY, were the pickings were pretty slim. I probably only took a few hundred, and most of those were of fireworks and the school zoo (yes, you read that correctly).

Anonymous said...

I heard that...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful chandeliers. I wonder if New Yorkers think of them as "Art in Public Places", or just as light fixtures.

("Art in Public…" is a program in Sacramento, CA that requires builders to put art in new important buildings.)

four legs good said...

Polly, they were really, really pretty. And they basically filled the entire ceiling space of the lobby.

I'm not sure if they consider them art- this was an older building- they could be vintage.

I was digging them.

Anonymous said...

yo... really like this thread!

Anonymous said...

итак: неподражаемо! а82ч