Monday, June 18, 2007

Wanker of the Year

For fuck's sake. Richard Cohen in today's WAPO:
This is not an entirely trivial matter since government officials should not lie to grand juries, but neither should they be called to account for practicing the dark art of politics. As with sex or real estate, it is often best to keep the lights off.
You have got to be kidding me. A high government official engages in a smear campaign that destroys the career of a CIA agent? And Cohen thinks he should walk? Thinks it's perfectly acceptable to use their office to attack career government employees in the name of "the dark art of politics"??

I dunno, maybe I'm crazy but I think high public officials ought to be held to the highest standards, not the lowest.

And I think that over-the-hill pundits who can't see that should give serious thought to retiring and letting someone who can think write a column for the WAPO.

Jesus fucking christ. This bullshit really, really, really makes me angry.

Here's the link in case you need your bloodpressure jacked up. Why Scooter Shouldn't Do Time by a wankiferous old bastard with shit for brains.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad I stopped paying money for that rag. I told 'em it was because of fred Hiatt, but Cohen just reinforces my decision.

The WaPo is going down, slowly.

four legs good said...

It's pathetic, really it is.