Friday, March 31, 2006

Amazing



Folks from Democratic Underground sent Helen Thomas 100 dozen red roses to thank her for her hard work. A Messsage From Helen!!"

Helen sent a note back:
Blessed are the peacemakers. The bounty of beautiful roses from such
wonderful people has lifted my heart and will remain in my memory for the
rest of my life. Thank you for caring that others may live.
Helen Thomas
Columnist, Hearst Newspapers

I wish I'd known- I'd definitely have kicked in. She is a heroine in my eyes.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

She is the sole voice of reason in this crazy, mixed up corporatist media world.

I love her, too.

There's a news anchor here in Grand Rapids, Suzanne Geha, who is Helen's niece. Interesting, as Suzie gets older, she looks more and more like her aunt! I'm trying to find a picture of her on the Internets to show you, but I'm not having much luck.

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wish I had known too. No one deserves roses more than her. She looks very happy in the picture.