Monday, August 21, 2006

Sad plushy story



The fourlegger household has been in something of a turmoil the past few weeks. I had been thinking of moving, but decided against it for a number of reasons. One, lion kitty Maxx has been ill, and I don't want to stress him with a big upheaval; two, I'm cheap- this place is relatively cheap; and three, I'm lazy. It's August, and I just don't feel like packing and moving in this beastly heat.

If I'm going to stay, I thought to myself, I might as well spruce up the place a bit. So I painted the bathroom and I'm redoing the closets and my desk area. Tonight, while pulling junk out of my walk-in closet, I dragged out a bunch of broken down boxes I'd been hoarding all summer in anticipation of a move. Maxx immediately started acting anxious, and well, depressed.

It dawned on me that his last family moved and left him behind, so the sight of moving boxes is making him sad and nervous.

Poor little bugger. Needless to say, he's been getting lots of hugs and ear scritches tonight, and the offending boxes are out at the dumpster.

I promised him that no matter where I go in the world, he gets to go too.

13 comments:

Pen Ultimate said...

Aww. I can relate. Curly and I have been through two moves, so far... and given that he shat the carrier on the last move, I have to think he really would prefer to stay put.
.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how could anyone abandon him. I do not understand human beings. Sigh.

You are a good and generous fourlegs, to rescue a sick and lonely kitty.

Anonymous said...

poor baby. your right there esp sense is amazing.
love 'm good. good thought your way, maxx & 4lg.
mestizo

flory said...

Extra scritches for Plushy!!!!

*scritch* *scritch* *scritch*

Poor baby. He's awful lucky to have adopted you.

ThePoliticalCat said...

Poor Maxx!!! He hasn't forgotten his sad past life. How anyone could abandon such a sweet and beautiful kitty is just beyond me. You're a wonderful centaur to take him in and give him so much love and care. Good things to you both. Please pat his little white back sox and his tufty front toes for me. He'll get over it some day with so much lovin' coming from you! I'd send him some nice toys to distract him, if I knew how.

four legs good said...

He was better this morning- evil boxes, all gone!!!

Anonymous said...

You're a good guardian....

ThePoliticalCat said...

four legs good said...

He was better this morning- evil boxes, all gone!!!

Well, yes, but the poor baby, I'm sure that stuff is always preying on his beautiful_kitty mind, so every time you leave him, he's thinking, "Oh, my centaur will never come back," which is why he's such a little lovemonster when you get home. I'd love to send him a multicoloured catnip mouse, like my boys have, or even an Evil Alien Carrot of Doom, if I knew where to get one. Poor little Maxx. Extra lovies and ear rubs to him. And some hoof-grooming to you for being a wonderful centaur and all-around good kitty parent.

ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh, and PS: If for some undeitylike reason you end up going someplace where you can't take Maxx, he can always come live with me. I'm serious. I know you'd never give him up unless some horrible crisis happened and if, deity forbid, some horrible crisis happened, Maxx has a home with me as long as I am alive. And of course you have permanent visitation rights. May it never come to that.

four legs good said...

That is very generous of you. thank you.

Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Poor Maxx!!! He hasn't forgotten his sad past life. How anyone could abandon such a sweet and beautiful kitty is just beyond me.

LION KITTY MAXX WAS ABANDONED!!!???

(Obviously I'm a fairly new convert to his majesty -- must check out archives to understand this news -- HOW COULD ANYONE ABANDON THIS MAJESTIC CREATURE?!)

four legs good said...

Yes Sandy, that's how I got him. He was living in a friend's yard, begging for scraps.

Poor little bugger.

ThePoliticalCat said...

Begging for scraps. That beautiful prince among kitties. (snivel) A thousand hemorrhoids to the ones who dumped him that way. May they never sit in comfort again. I've rescued so many kitties, and it always breaks my heart that some twoleg waste of space could treat another being that way. Sandy, you should go look through the archives for pix of the newly rescued (and shaved) Maxx. Take a box of tissues with you.