Monday, February 05, 2007

Edwards

NYTimes/Erik Jacobs

I haven't chosen which horse to back yet, but Edwards said something important recently, something that I liked quite a bit.

When asked what he'll do differently this time around, he said (I'm paraphrasing) that he'll be less concerned with being a "good candidate" and more concerned with how he'll govern if elected.

IMHO, that's what this country needs, less 'candidating' and more governing. Article about Edwards in today's NYTimes, here: Familiar Face, but a New Tone to the Message

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he (or any other candidate) will be *allowed* to do that and still win. It would be great.

I think that notion was one of the reasons it looks like the Kerry/Edwards campaign pulled some of its punches, because they were looking at the probability of at least two years of an incredibly hostile Congress and didn't want to alienate "centrists", etc any more than necessary.

.. not that hindsight is always closer to 20/20.

nick c

Anonymous said...

I'm deeply concerned about his and Clinton's stance on Iran...nothing is off the table. He attended by phone the Israeli/American neocon meeting several weeks ago. Worries me.