Saturday, June 16, 2007

More Museum

Since Eli photoblogged the Rose Space Center at the Museum of Natural History, I will too. I'm usually not much for photographing architecture, but this place is really beautiful.

The entire complex is housed in a glass building, with the planets suspended from the ceiling.

The actual space theatre is housed in a huge globe, which from outside the museum looks like a floating world- and from underneath, looks like a huge flying saucer.

I don't know much about modern architecture, but what the designers accomplished here is gorgeous. The use of light, space, the metals... the shapes, it's simply wonderful.

It looks a little bit like what I imagined a space station would look like when I was a kid.

And where the hell is my freaking flying car??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics! The museum looks like fun. *adds it to list of places to visit and stuff to do*

four legs good said...

Why thank you. It is fun.