Monday, April 10, 2006

Messianic Mission

Holy mother of god.

What with one thing and another, I hadn't gotten around to reading reports of what Hersch was saying on the news today about his article exposing Bush's plans to possibly hit Iran with tactical nukes. So I hadn't picked up this little nugget of insanity:
Another government consultant is quoted as saying Mr Bush believes he must do "what no Democrat or Republican, if elected in the future, would have the courage to do" and "that saving Iran is going to be his legacy".

"The word I'm hearing is messianic," Mr Hersh said yesterday on CNN. "[Bush] is politically free. He really thinks he has a chance and this is his mission."

Messianic? are you fucking kidding me?

If I was uneasy before, now I'm freaking terrified.

Via the Julian Borger in the Guardian: US plans strike to topple Iran regime - report

No comments: