Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Plushy Action Alert - Save Benjy



I was doing some research this afternoon and I stumbled across this website. I encourage all of you to go there and read the story of Benjamin Margulies. Benjy has Tay Sachs disease and he needs our help.

When he was originally diagnosed, Benjy's parents found a doctor who was pioneering a stem cell therapy to treat Tay Sachs. Benjy was approved for the experimental treatment, and his insurance company, Aetna, approved payment for the treatment.

The treatment stopped the progress of the disease, and after months of therapy, Benjy had been making good progress, but in the spring of 2006, Aetna decided they would no longer pay for the nursing and therapy.

Please take a minute and help Benjy by writing to Ronald Williams, the CEO and President of Aetna and politely (please be polite) thank him for agreeing to review this decision and ask him to not abandon Benjy.

We can't help all the children in Baghdad or Beirut tonight, but maybe we can help this one little boy. BTW, Benjy's dad was one of the original "draftwestlyclark" guys, so he's one of us.

Thanks. Mr. Plushy will luv ya for it. (AND IF YOU DON'T WRITE I'LL WITHHOLD PLUSH FOR A MONTH!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Letter sent, and I was most patient.
When does the revolution start?

Anonymous said...

I'll write the CEO first thing in the morning, I promise. It's after midnight here and I can't stay awake much longer, ten days of 100ยบ+ and hot nights is wearing.

I promise, I promise: DON'T TAKE THE GREAT PLUSHY ONE away from us. Or I'll get Hecate to hex you.

four legs good said...

thank you guys.

flory said...

Talk about disproportionate response!!

A month? That's UNFAIR!!

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»