Monday, November 27, 2006

Further Update

For those of you upset and traumatized by my post last night, please know that lion kitty Maxx is not in any danger of being shuffled off this mortal coil too early.

After I posted last night he woke up, had a late night snacky-snack, sat in my lap and purred a while and spent some time in the kitchen opening cabinets for no apparent reason. This morning he ate some breakfast and was thoroughly annoyed to find he's back on antibiotics. I'm hoping that will ease his gum discomfort.

I just panic some days because I'm afraid he'll suffer too long because I can't bear to give him up. I'm sure he'll have up days and down days, and I will too.

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes. Pics later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear he's felling better.
Thanks for helping him.
I don't care what the other kids say, yer ok.

Sandy-LA 90034 said...

I have lost two feline "babies" and I grieve with you for your Maxxie. He's an adorable boy and I've been comforted by his lovely face many times.

I, too, think he'll communicate his final needs to you when he's ready. Be at peace with that.

flory said...

Thank you for the update.

I hate thinking of our Maxxie in pain, but I think as long as he's able to eat well, his pain is tolerable.

Anonymous said...

4Legs,
Time is different for plushy folk.
Maxx is loved, and he knows he is loved.
You are loved -- I can see it in the lion kitty's eyes, even if I didn't feel it myself -- and the two of you have given your love not just to each other but to all of us.
Its beauty takes my breath away.
The Other Sarah

Anonymous said...

Also, keep in mind that, unlike us, fussing and worrying and keeping ourselves awake, a deep, comfy snooze is a positive pleasure to a kitty. So time spent in the nice, dark closet might not be a bad thing.