Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Very sad news



Many regular readers will remember that a few months back I asked you to write letters on behalf of Benji Margulies, the son of Josh Margulies, who was fighting Tay-Sachs disease.

I am saddened to report that Benjy died suddenly yesterday. Please take a moment to stop by the actforlove: Benjy's Blog and offer your condolences to his family.

I want to thank all of you again for writing his insurance company to try to help this brave and beautiful little boy to have the best chance possible. I know his parents and friends were touched and moved by your efforts on his behalf.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stem cell research, genetic engineering, either or both will potentially eliminate this and other scourges from the Earth.

You'll likely have to go to South Korea or China for the therapy, though. Can't have people messing with God's Will here in America

four legs good said...

Chris, I hope that eventually we will drive the crazies out and common sense and good science will prevail.

Anonymous said...

Poor sweet baby. I have a colleague who lost a son to Tay-Sachs. A horrible, horrible disease. May his family find peace.