Sunday, November 26, 2006

Update



I'll confess that this is an old photo of Maxx. I haven't had the heart to photograph him much the past few weeks. I haven't wanted to bother him, and I haven't wanted to look at what the cancer is doing to his beautiful face. I did take some photos of him this evening, but I don't much feel like downloading them off the camera.

In fact, I haven't wanted to talk about his illness at all this weekend, which is why I haven't posted. He had a very nice Thanksgiving, and he spent all day Friday and Saturday outside enjoying the beautiful weather. But by Saturday night he was inside, of his own volition, and back in the closet. I think I have to face facts that he's in more pain than he's been showing.

I don't really know what to do about it. Except for the tumor, he seems to be in smashing good health, but I can't bear to think of him suffering. I think physically he can hold out for quite a while, but I don't like I can do that do him.

Today he got pain meds twice. Tomorrow he might get them three times. I guess I can be grateful that he did have some last days of wonderful weather, where he got to go outside, prowl about, and chase squirrels like kiities like to do. I don't think laying in a closet, stoned, is much of a life for a cat.

Sorry for the depressing news, but this is never going to have a happy ending. Please send my sweet Mr. Plushy your good thoughts.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je t'aime Maxx

(and you too plushynurse)

sniff


Plum P

masculine_monica_nyc said...

All the best to you both, 4lg.

echidne said...

Love and good energy. Hang in there, sweetie.

¡El Gato Negro! said...

Amigos,

my heart, she ees breaking.

Joo have geeven Maxx a good life, and he knows thees.

Joo are een all of our thoughts.

so.

Anonymous said...

All good thoughts to the Lion Kitty and his admirable plushynurse.

I'm sure that we create an afterlife for much loved pets, just as we do by loving other people (and centaurs.) That vital spark that we nurture in pets and children does not die: it merely changes dimension.

Like one of the Laws of Thermodynamics that I've forgotten. Something abt energy not being lost from the universe. The energy of sunlight becomes the tree, which becomes logs to burn in our fireplace. The fire's warmth becomes part of us, and we eventually die and give the energy back to the earth.

Maxx's vital spark of energy will not die, nor will yours, because your love and care for a helpless creature have created good in our world.

whaleshaman said...

sending your sweet sweet plushy love from our hearts.

have courage & be brave, dearest friend of maxx. you know in your heart how much he appreciates and will need it.

we celebrate your lives together and grieve this unwinding. so sorry.

sadly,
taboo & ws

Anonymous said...

I have had kitties who have gone on. This is the hardest part because it's in your hands. Trust that you will do right by Maxx.
Big hugs.

-mnkid

four legs good said...

Thanks GWPDA, that helps.

I just want to do what's best for him.

Anonymous said...

My kitty, Caffiene sends her best... which would be a warm space on her beloved fleece blankey. We send you courage and comfort, 4 Legs. Few kitties have had a better life than Maxx. He knows this.

emma in Calif.

flory said...

You will do what's best for him. You've taken him to a good doctor, even if he doesn't like it. You give him his medicine when he hurts and you worry about him always.

He knows you care and he has squirrels to chase and sunshine to enjoy and a centaur to take care of him.

Soprano said...

four legs,
Maxx will let you know when it's time to do something other than what you are doing now. Until then, you are doing exactly what is right for this time. It's hard for you, but you show great courage and love.

Anonymous said...

my heart breaks. i know i've spent alot of time saying how he reminded me of my otis. this is too sad. take care little fella. be good. bye.

m

Anonymous said...

Mon dieu, that's the most beautiful cat I've ever seen. So sorry he is ill. Best wishes to you and Maxx.

Pen Ultimate said...

You'll do the right thing, when you must. We love you, Maxx.
.